Displaying the American Flag with Pride and Respect: The Official Flagpole Way
The American flag is a symbol of pride and respect for our country and its values. Displaying it correctly is an important part of showing that respect. Here at Official Flagpole, we have a great selection of flagpoles to make sure that you display the American flag properly. Here are a few tips on how to properly display the American flag:
1.Position the flag correctly. When flown from a flagpole, the flag should be at the top of the pole and the union (the blue field with white stars) should be at the top, to the flag's own right, and the observer's left. When flown on a wall or a flat surface, the union should be at the top, to the observer's left. Our flagpoles are designed to make this as easy as possible to accomplish.
2. Use a flagpole of the correct height. The flagpole should be tall enough so that the flag is fully extended when it is flown at full-staff. The standard height for a flagpole is 20 feet. Our flagpoles come in a variety of sizes, so you can find the perfect size for your needs.
3. Keep the flag in good condition. A worn or tattered flag should be replaced. Our flagpoles are built to last, but if you notice any signs of wear on your flag, we have a wide variety of flags you can choose from.
4. Fly the flag at the correct times. The flag should be flown from sunrise to sunset, unless it is properly illuminated. At Official Flagpole, our flagbundle bundles come with a solar lamp. The flag should also be flown at full-staff, except on certain occasions, such as Memorial Day, when it is flown at half-staff until noon. We provide detailed instructions on when to fly your flag and how to change the position of the flag properly.
5. Display the flag with other flags. When flown with other flags, the American flag should be the highest. For example, when flown with state flags on the same flagpole, the American flag should be on top. If flown on separate poles, the flagpole with the American flag should be in a position of prominence. Our flagpoles are designed to make this as easy as possible to accomplish.
6. Proper etiquette for raising and lowering the flag. The flag should be raised briskly and lowered ceremoniously. The flag should be raised to the top of the flagpole quickly, and then lowered slowly. Our flagpoles are designed with a strong and sturdy mechanism that makes it easy for you to raise and lower the flag with the proper etiquette.
7. The flag should never touch the ground. Our flagpoles are designed to keep the flag securely in place, even in strong winds or storms, so you don't have to worry about the flag touching the ground.
By following these guidelines and using the high-quality flagpoles from Official Flagpole, you can show respect for the American flag and the country it represents. Remember that these are general guidelines, and that some states may have additional regulations on how to properly display the flag.
At Official Flagpole, we understand the importance of showing respect and pride for our country, that is why we offer a wide selection of flagpoles and flags to fit your needs and budget. Our flagpoles are made of high-quality materials and are built to last for many years. If you have any questions about properly displaying the American flag or need help finding the perfect flagpole for your needs, please don't hesitate to contact us.
With our flagpole and following these guidelines, you will be able to display the American flag with pride and respect, not only in special days but all year round, and show your patriotism to the community and country.